21 Membership drive
A New Season and a New Structure
Ride and Glide will now
offer Year-Round Cycling and Winter XC Ski Instruction. Every
year, in late September, you need to join and select Biking Only or
Skiing (which includes biking). In the Winter we will have the
usual Tuesday night ski classes and there will also be Fat or Mtn Bikes
rides at Lake Elmo. This change to the biking portion of the club
allows us to promote year long biking. Road riding in the Spring
and Summer, Mtn, Gravel, and Fat in the Fall and Winter. The
skiing portion is pretty much unchanged.
below for a description of the club and sign-up
- Sep 30
- Nov 7
: Ski Instruction Starts
- Lake Elmo Clinic
- Jan 14: Birke Tour
- COL/ World Masters
- Feb 23-24: Birke
- Mar 10: Fat Bike Birke
Click for weather forecast
up here --------> JOIN
Skiers, Runners, Rowers, Tri-athletes, Racers, Tourists, Winter People
- What :
Country ski instruction and workouts.
- Beginners through advanced.
- Only requirement is that you
love Winter (or want to!),
- Loaner skate equipment is available.
- Mtn/Fat Bike Tuesday night
rides at Lake Elmo
- Demo Fat Bikes available
- Other locations may be used
for bike rides
- Weekend informal bike and
- Where :
Lake Elmo Regional Park (Skiing
and Winter Biking)
- Summer Biking from White
- Elm Creek Regional Park (Skiing
- When :
Tuesday night at 6:30 PM at your location.
- Beginning Nov 7 through Feb
- It is not necessary to attend every session
- Informal rollerski workouts begin around Sept 15
- roller skis are not
required for club membership
Weekend Dryland Workouts beginning ASAP
- Weekend Biking when the muse
- Summer Biking is 5:45 from
Ramsey Beach WBL
- Why :
To improve your
enjoyment of Skiing
- To make you a faster and more efficient
- To allow you to go further and longer with less effort
- To Maintain your cycling
fitness over the Winter
- To get into On Snow Fat
- To ride in a group in the
- We are not a racing club, racing is not required, Tourists welcome
- To meet new
people to ski and bike with.
- The advanced ski group will have a workout component
Biking is not a required part
of the ski group, It's optional.
- Fees :
(fees reduced this year)
- Skiing :
$50 for new members, $40 for returning members.
- $5 couples discount
- 16 years of age and over
$10 for the whole year (No skiing)
- Sign up soon, Skiing will fill up.
- Skiing fees go up in late Oct.
Here's a definition of a warm-up. About
17-18mph on the flats. Take it
easy on the hills. About 20 minutes. In other words
you shouldn't be going as hard as you can. Caution: Too
slow is dangerous as the people in the back of a big pack keep
running up on the front guys. Just take what the roads
give you during the warm-up.
- 2017-18 Season:
Tuesday night (Mar
- Sept) a bunch of club members and others do a training ride from
in White Bear
- Depart at 5:45. Be ready to ride by 5:45
- 4 groups (Distance 30-50 miles depending on time of year)
- Fast - Average 22+ mph (10-15 riders) Pacelines
- Half-Fast - Average 19-20 mph (15-25 riders) Pacelines and a
- Qtr-Fast - Average 17-18 mph (5-10 riders, mostly
tri-athletes) Distance about 10 miles shorter, not much pacelining
- SE - Average 12-15 mph (5-10 riders, No drop) About half
distance, easy drafting
- We do a TT about once a month
- Every Tuesday night Nov - Mar: Ski instruction at Lake Elmo and Elm
- Fat Bike rides at night with headlights at Lake Elmo and other locations
MUST be a member of the
club to join the rides. One time guest rider is allowed.
read ride guidelines and paceline etiquette on the left. You
also have to join the Summer version of the Club if you're not a Winter member.
- Rudy Project.
Contact me for information on how to order glasses, goggles, helmets, etc.
- HED Cycling, a
world player in Professional Cycling, continues as a sponsor this year.
- Now Bikes and Fitness
has rides from their Arden Hills shop on Wed and Thursday.
- Skinnyski.com covers road and mountain bike event during the Summer
months. Check them out for event lists and results